Meeting With My Academic Advisor
|As a student, you play an essential role in the academic advising process. We encourage you to see your academic advisor with any questions or problem which may affect your academic progress. To make the most of your advising session, you need to prepare for the session by taking the following steps: |
Before Seeing Your Advisor
- Go to the Cal Poly Pomona homepage. Familiarize yourself with what's available online.
- Review your Cal Poly Pomona catalog. Be familiar with the courses and requirements for your degree plan.
- Write down any questions and concerns that you have.
- Write down or memorize your BroncoNumber.
- Create an advising folder. You must bring your advising folder and your questions before you can meet with the advisor.
- You are encouraged to keep the following in your advising folder:
- Your current class schedule
- Transfer Credit Report
- Your test scores
- Your unofficial transcripts from previously attended schools
If this is your first visit to the CBA Student Success Center, please have the following in your advising folder:
If you have previously visited the CBA Student Success Center, you must have the following in your advising folder before you can see an advisor:
At Your Advising Session
- Keep notes from your advising meetings to remind you about what was discussed.
- Your advisor will help you understand the requirements for graduation, but you, not your advisor, are responsible for knowing all requirements for your degree.
Limitations On What Your Advisors May Do for You
- Your advisor will not have all the answers, but he/she will help you find the answers.
- Your advisor will not make decisions for you. You must make them for yourself.
|Last modified: September 14, 2012 |
| Send your questions and comments to Stella Fong-Chen. |